Monday, 23 June 2014

"Dogs have owners, cats have staff"

              "If a dog jumps into your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." This quotation written by Alfred North Whitehead, a famous mathematician and philosopher, makes me think about how behavior of dogs and cats are very important to define which one is the closest pet in the world and why people would rather have one than the other. First, nothing is better than arrive home after a long journey and be happily received for your pet and usually the pet which make this is a dog, rarely the cat do the same. Second, I have a cat some years ago and while my kitten was a baby he was so playful and close, after he grew up he never liked to play with people anymore. On the other hand, dogs want to play every time it doesn't matter if they are young or old. Finally, dogs the most friendly pet need people to be happy, it means they never want to be alone; for my own experience I can say that dogs always want to be people's friends, they feel happy when people play, talk and share with them everywhere. In contrast, cats are completely independent. They would rather make their own chores by themselves; it is why people never see a cat looking for its owner to take him outside or asking for playing with them, they look for people when they really need something, that's the only way when cats are close to people. As a final point in reviewing these differences, I cannot say that I hate cats because of their behavior; indeed, I know this is their normal way to be and for sure if is there any opportunity to have a cat I will be happy to have a cute kitten. However, I rather dogs because I know that dogs always want to share with people, the love people. And as a dog-lover this reason makes me conclude that dogs are the best company ever and are able to make life full of happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Great quote...I think it's very accurate! I mean, cats can be affectionate sometimes, but they decide when to be. Dogs are very obedient and always want to be around people.

    Corrections:
    ...and why people would rather have one than the other.

    They would rather do their own chores by themselves; it is why...

    ReplyDelete